Here are five vegan dinner recipes that you can try at home.
- Vegan Tacos: In a pan, sauté diced onions and bell peppers until they are soft. Add in crumbled tofu or vegan meat substitute and cook until browned. Serve the mixture in taco shells or tortillas, and top with diced tomatoes, lettuce, and avocado.
- Vegan Pasta: Cook your favorite type of pasta according to the package instructions. In a separate pan, sauté diced vegetables (such as zucchini, bell peppers, and mushrooms) until they are soft. Add a can of crushed tomatoes and a spoonful of tomato paste to the pan and let the sauce simmer for a few minutes. Stir in some chopped fresh basil and serve the sauce over the cooked pasta.
- Vegan Stir-Fry: In a wok or large pan, stir-fry diced vegetables (such as broccoli, carrots, and bell peppers) until they are tender. Add in some cooked tofu or vegan meat substitute, and season the stir-fry with a sauce made from equal parts soy sauce, rice vinegar, and hoisin sauce. Serve the stir-fry over a bed of rice.
- Vegan Chili: In a pot, sauté diced onions, bell peppers, and garlic until they are soft. Add in canned beans (such as kidney beans or black beans), diced tomatoes, and some diced vegetables (such as zucchini and bell peppers). Season the chili with chili powder, cumin, and paprika, and let it simmer for a few minutes. Serve the chili with a side of cornbread or tortilla chips.
- Vegan Burgers: In a bowl, mash together cooked lentils, diced onions, grated carrots, and breadcrumbs. Form the mixture into patties and pan-fry them in a little bit of oil until they are browned on both sides. Serve the burgers in buns with your favorite toppings (such as lettuce, tomato, and avocado).